2009/10/26

V-rock festival: Saturday

I was a bit stressed after having overslept and also got confused over where the heck Keiyou line is on Tokyo station (it's HUGE), but I got to Makuhari Messe in great time allright!
I exchanged my ticket for the wristband and made my way into the event halls.
It was really big, but it sure didn't feel as big as it looked on the wide screen TV at the biggest stages. Did you watch the live broadcast? Here's a map so you get the picture:


I walked around for a little bit to check out the place, got some food since I didn't eat breakfast (but it was so expensive ugh, 300yen for water?!) and then the first live begun so I made my way to the V stage.

I hadn't heard of Toon Factory before, but they were really cute and funky. Since it was the very first act of V-rock festival, people hadn't really become warmed up and there wasn't that much people watching since I guess most people was watching SEX MACHINEGUNS that were playing on the L stage. But Toon Factory did a great job in getting people fired up, so I give them a seal of approval!

The bands on the V and S stages (i.e. the smaller stages) only had 20 min to play, so soon after they finished, SuG went on the S stage! When Takeru came out all the girls around me squealed "Kyaaaa kawaiiiiii!!!" and was he cute or what! (And short, omg!) His charisma is amazing and completely captivating, no arguments there. Well, they were great live, altough I'm not a fan. But they played some old songs that I actually fancy, so I was happy!

As soon as SuG was finished I ran over to the other side of Makuhari Messe, just in time for PENICILLIN. You gotta love the men in super tight leather mini pants, haha! Hakuei was so awesome I shat some bricks. Bands on the biggest stages (L and R) had 30-35 min each, but it felt like PENICILLIN did mostly MC? They talked a lot anyways. Chisato is a great guitarrist and the image of his bare thighs is stuck in my head.

A few minutes after PENICILLIN, it was time for Kra on the stage beside. Keiyuu is probably the smallest man I've ever seen. The first song they played was artman, which is probably the one song that gets stuck in my head the most, I'm so glad I got to hear it live! Well, except for artman, I'm not a fan, haha, so after about 20 minutes I left and ran back to V stage where...

...Velbet was playing! I think they're pretty cool but I've never really liked their music. But. Their live was SO GREAT and they were SO COOL on stage, I almost felt like upgrading them to One Of My Favorite Bands! Their live was better than Kra (omg yes I just said that) so I kinda regret I didn't watch them from their beginning.

I stayed at the V stage since I was waiting for the next band, and in the meantime, NinjaManJapan had their live on the S stage. (There's Lida from ex-Psycho le Cemu.) IT WAS HILARIOUS! I think I went "wtf!" at least three times. They made a really cool show with two long fighting scenes and lots of super awesome acrobats jumping around, and their music, well, it was ok. But they made me think "Aw I wanna be a ninja too!!!!" while being completely serious.

But what I really was waiting for was ViViD! Yes! I love them and I'm not ashamed of it!! This time I was standing in the very front so I went all fired up, headbanging and dancing along. They were super amazingly cute and super awesome live, and they only played my favorite songs which made it all even more awesome. They were also one of few bands that I completely forgot about the time and went all "What, already??" when they said they'd do the last song. I wanna go to a oneman!

After ViViD I quickly ran to the L stage (yes, there was a lot of walking back and forth) where I saw the last two songs of D. Since I didn't see much, I don't really have much to say except that I think they were pretty awesome. I'll see them in two weeks again though so it's ok.

When they left the stage I went back (again) to the other side where Megamasso were playing. I watched a few songs but wasn't that amused so I went outside to check out the artist goods. Though there weren't much interesting stuff.

I went back to the L and R stages, where BREAKERZ was on stage. Haha, it was pretty fun to watch because I think Daigo is really silly! But apparently they're crazy popular since it was a crazy amount of people watching. When it was over, you could notice Daigo didn't really wanna leave the stage, because he was talking as long as he could, trying to make the stage time longer.

But what I went back in to was Angelo who started right after! I was really excited to see them, since I'm a big fan of PIERROT, but to my dissappointment (and surprise) it wasn't that great actually. Kirito's voice is amazing, but other than that, I don't have much to say.

I stayed at my position in front of the R stage, and soon after it was time for Alice Nine! There were a lot of people watching but it wasn't crowded which made me a little surprised since I thought they were more popular than that. Well, they were great live, Nao swinged his drumsticks a lot which made me go YAY, but to tell the truth, it was a little bit boring. It made me little bit sad because I really like them! But now, I wouldn't pay for a oneman.

I made my way out and back to S stage as quickly as I could since the Best Band was about to play; D'espairsRay! As always, they were amazing.♥ Also, the only band I bothered to remember the setlist:
1. Bullet (with intro)
2. REDEEMER
3. Garnet
4. Lost in re:birth
5. Ark in the Storm
6. Trickster
I was hoping that they'd play Going on!, but I'm glad I got to hear Lost in re:birth again, it's so awesome live! Wowowowowow it was so great, I want to see them again sooooon! Their live was way too short wah!!

Well, after being happy and content with having seen D'espairsAwesome, I rushed back to the L stage to see some of Plastic Tree! Bands in the late afternoon/evening had longer time to play (except for bands on V stage), and I think Plastic Tree had abut 45 min. Ryuutarou, aka The Ultimate Man, was as amazing as always, and I was glad to see KenKen in action for my first time! I also find it unbelievably adorable when Ryuutarou tries to be all emotional and serious as always, but is way too excited for the act, gives up, and just makes the Happiest Face ever.

I saw about 15 min of Plastic Tree before I ran back to V stage since I didn't want to miss out on Doremidan. Makoto was super happy and jumped around the stage like crazy! They were great live, but I'm not a fan so mm.

And then on the S stage, it was time for Moi dix Mois! I was happy to see them again, although their show was pretty much exactly the same as the one in Stockholm I went to a couple of years ago. Mana was as beautiful as always (it's insane♥) but he seemed to have some issues with his choker since he was doing something with it all the time. They played two new songs which were good but sounded kinda like everything else they've done...

After 5 more minutes on the same stage, it was the fashion show with brands from Laforet! It was so cool to see, and also kinda fun to see the KERA models in real life. (Aoki Misako is that pretty, just not as photoshopped.) There were also guest models, like Hakuei for Black Peace Now, Takeru for World Wide Love and Makoto for Angelic Pretty! After all that, Mana came out modelling Moi-même-Moitié just in random (there's no Moitié in Laforet), kinda like he wanted more stage time, haha!
But yes, the fashion show was really cool.

Afterwards, there was D'ERLANGER (still on the S stage) that I really enjoyed watching!

The final and main act on Saturday was Marilyn Manson on the R stage. Who told me he was boring live? I thought he was great! His MC's were also pretty funny since he was all "Yea hi, I'm not from Japan I'm from America and you may not get what I'm saying but yea ok." haha! Mm yes, that was an awesome show!

I left after about 45 min though (I think he had 1 hour) because I was satisfied and very tired, so I made my way out. It had started raining and was kinda cold as well. And outside, from the entrance all the way to the train station was members from smaller bands standing handing out flyers and promo CDs. One of the first dudes I came across was Hiro from SINCREA, that I actually think is an ok band, so I stopped and went all "Hey I'm a fan" (although I'm kinda not haha) and asked if I could get an autograph. For the record, he's very hot but very short which I find hilarous for some reason. Well, he signed the paper he just gave me and then shook my hand and it was so COLD I got this urge to put him in my bag and take him home with me. (But I didn't.) I continued my way to the station, recieving flyers from all the bands. They were all looking a little bit miserable, standing there in the rain, but if you took a flyer the all went "Yay thank you!" and made a happy face WHICH WAS SO CUTE OMG.
Just at the entrance I came across this hot chick, when I suddenly went all "....waaaait a minute" when I realized it was DangerGang! Their music is not very good but I think they're pretty cool haha. I had a talk with Tera (she even asked my name woho).

But really. Small kinda unknown Visual kei band, why are they so adorable.

Also, on my way home I managed to NOT getting lost! Yay me!

And that was the end of V-rock festival day 1!
Awesome event is awesome.
Day 2 coming soon!
See ya!☆

2 件のコメント:

Unni さんのコメント...

I heard the new songs from Moi dix Mois to...I'm disapointed!

Rose さんのコメント...

woooah, seems u had a lot of fun : ) think Id like to go and experience V-rock festival even if I dont listen to it that much.