2010/05/20

KYOTO picture post of doom

I realized I'll probably never find the energy to write everything about Kyoto, which is why I'm gonna give you a shitload of pictures from my trip instead!


Nijo castle
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Weren't allowed to take pictures inside.
A shame, because it was SO BEAUTIFUL
And the nightingale floor was amazing.

Mizudera temple
Photobucket
Starting the walk up to Mizudera temple, through the old parts of Kyoto, old streets with preserved old houses.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Mizudera is located up in the mountains, with a splendid view over Kyoto. It was also very beautiful, but I wish I was able to go back alone with no people around...
Passed through the geisha neighbourhoods.
Lots of maiko!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I fell in love with everyone.

Golden temple
Photobucket
Photobucket
was so impressive.
It shined so bright in the sun!

Ryoanji temple
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Loved it.

Philosopher's walk
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Walk by a river from the Golden temple to the Nyakuouji shrine.

Stressed and bored animals in too small cages at Kyoto zoo
Photobucket

Some kind of parade stretching incredibly long, that we watched from the bus
Photobucket
There was high priests and Important Persons and everything.
Wish I managed to take better pictures.

We visited many more temples and shrines, but I think that's enough with pictures for one entry. I loved Kyoto! It was so different from Tokyo. Will definately go back some day.

では
またね~!

1 件のコメント:

rusty さんのコメント...

Agh, I love the temple hidden in the luminous forest. Simply beautiful~