2010/06/04

Bousaikan

Once a year, the school takes all the students to earthquake practice.
So, off we went to Ikebukuro!

First off was a movie about a magnitude 7 earthquake (magnitude 7 and over is when cities are destroyed and people die) and I got scared shitless. Really, yes.
And I really really really hope I'm not in the subway when* the big one happens.

As for practice, one part was if a fire would occur. That's no problem, since a kid I've been taught how to react during a fire. We got to go through a passage of rooms filled with smoke, remembering to close doors and such.

Then, the earthquake simulation.
Oh
my god.
In an ordinary room, we got to experience a magnitude 7 earthquake, taking cover under the table while the lights went out and things were falling down all around us. That was some serious shiet.
I've felt many earthquakes since moving to Japan, but they've all been under 2 or 3 at the very most. But 7... that was just. Even though it was just a simulation I did with my classmates, my heartbeats went so much faster. I don't like to feel how the world is torn apart!


A picture from the Kobe earthquake in 1995, to.... lighten up the mood. Uh.


* Because the question is not if, it's just a matter of when.

0 件のコメント: