2010/12/26

Christmas 2010!

The Christmas eve started out with Ryo heading to my place. We were really lucky since he got two days in a row off, the 24th and 25th, and that's very rare! (Had to work 8 days in a row before though..)
He'd brought me even more christmas gifts, Nemuneko! You know, the cat I love to death that he always tries to get me at game centers. So now he just up and bought it haha!

Oooooh look at them, I could hug them all day!

We headed over to Jasmine, Gaby and Max, where all of us ate an awesome Swedish christmas dinner, handed out presents, and just had a really good time.

Jaz in action.

Jaz speaks some Japanese, and the rest of the time I translated for Ryo. But we didn't let any language barrier stop us from having fun!


I get tears in my eyes just looking at this food, oh my godness.


Later on we headed up to Nakano to do some Christmas eve karaoke!


Blurry fun! I love this place, it's small and really cheap.

On to Christmas day! Christmas is a holiday for couples in Japan, so me and Ryo went out to a Christmas date. Here's a usual sight in my apartment, he takes forever putting on his boots...
Ah, and as you can see he has blue hair now!
Our destination was Ikebukuro! I've wanted to go to Milky Way for quite some time, where I ate the most enourmous chocolate parfait ever. See the smoke? Well anyway, there was mostly teens there, and us looking the way we do we got some strange looks... Didn't hang around so much there haha.

As you probably know, in Japan you use to eat cake on Christmas. Ryo didn't want to have a proper cake for some reason, but we still wanted some cake, so we went to La Maison up in Sunshine City. That tarte was like sent from above.

A little while after that, we went back to Shin-Nakano, where Gaby had prepared to most delicious English-style christmas dinner! Again with the teary eyes...

I could marry Jaz and Gaby for their cooking. Honestly, it's that good!

The purikura me and Ryo took that day was out of this world. Just look at my eyes! It's not even the biggest eye option! Wow. The machine also had Swedish themed background and stamps, so that was awesome.



That's how things went... My christmas 2010!
I ate myself to death, just as it should be.
Then I came home and read about other people's christmas in Sweden, and it all felt suddenly weird. This year's christmas just passed by without it even really feeling like christmas.. It was christmas but still not.... Yea. Anyway.
Happy holidays!

2 件のコメント:

芸者 さんのコメント...

Sounds like you had a great time! God jul lite i efterskott! Och gott nytt år kan jag passa på att säga redan nu. :)

さらまり さんのコメント...

Oh it looks like you had a really lovely Christmas! The home cooked traditional food looks really nice, especially since one never sees such food in Japan TT

And the presents are so sweet! Very cute purikura indeed.

I went to Mily Way before, and it was a mix of all ages. But maybe its the time of year, Christmas and such. I personally got dirty looks from the staff for not ordering anything haha!