2010/12/03

Death by ramen


There's a ramen place just one block from my school, where people are always always always waiting in line to get in. Lots of people = good food, so of course it triggered my interest and yesterday I finally went there to try it out.



The place, called Denten, is very small and very dirty. I took an ordinary bowl of ramen, it was very tasty! ...but not all that amazing, I've had better ramen than that yes.
BUT THE AMOUNT ON THE OTHER HAND
It was a bottomless bowl I tell you, and the meat was about three times more than any other ordinary ramen place! I ate and ate and ate and ate....

...but this is what was left after I'd literally ate myself to death. Can't believe just how much that was, and all just for 750 yen! (But Ryo, who I went there with, finished my bowl too, after his own. Oh my godness, that man can eat!!)

So that was that. Neither of us wanted to eat dinner later in the evening, and now, the next day, I still feel it. The nikuman and inari I just ate for lunch was way too much and I'm too full to even move. Whoah, that was a lot of ramen. A lot!

4 件のコメント:

Sofia さんのコメント...

i got the impression that japanese people can eat SO MUCH if no one's stopping them XD at least that's my experience, always when i went out to eat with them... like ordering more and more and moooore stuff at the izakaya and so on...

IamNOTprogram さんのコメント...

ALLTSÅ KÖTTETTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

lex さんのコメント...

I wanted to ask you about ramen - it must be fate :D Yesterday I was in Wien and I had vegetable ramen at a nice asian restaurant. It was delicious and that bowl must have been bottomless too beacuse I couldn't finish it even if my life depended on it. It was my first time trying out ramen and I liked it very much. I wanted to ask you how do you cope with asian food; have you liked it before you had moved to Tokyo? Although I liked ramen, I don't think I could eat asian food everyday :)

Quarter Void さんのコメント...

lex: I loved Japanese food before I moved here, but I hadn't really tried so much. Now that I've tried a lot, a hell lot, I still love it and I guess I eat it almost every day. It's just what your taste's like, I presume :)