2011/08/07

BURNSS

I've had the best of times this weekend, ending with today's barbeque up by the river in the mountains! So much fun BUT my skin didn't think so...
I've got the worst sunburn of my life, more red than, than the reddest thing you can ever imagine, and my legs, arms AND face is on fire! This actually feels more like an actual burn than just a sunburn oooh this might have been one of the most meanest things I've done to my body. I'm sorry, body.
I guess I need to head out tomorrow to a drug store and see if I can find some gel or something, although to be honest I don't really want to put myself under the sun for the rest of my life. In the mean time, I might just spend the night taking an endless cold shower!

5 件のコメント:

lex さんのコメント...

Oh, it looks awful :S Take care of yourself :*

navjeet さんのコメント...

ouch!

SARA MARI さんのコメント...

Oh dear god, that looks so bad! You may want to visit a doctor for this level of burn!

Suteisi ♥ さんのコメント...

OUCH! I've experienced several sun burns before and have seen some pretty bad ones but this has probably kept you awake all night eh?!

So far from what I've learned from my own sun burns and helping others with their own:

-Take pain killers. Some people thing it's useless but it can help deal with the pain.

-Cold compress. Take a hand towel with cold water and apply on all areas for several minutes. I found this helped the most with my arms and shoulders (Hard to sleep on pillows with shoulders burned!)

-Aloe cream/gel. Creams and gels made out of aloe is the best for sun burns, the one that I have is a green gel and it super cool when applied. It's very slimy and it takes a little while for the skin to absorb but it's the best I've found so far, creams haven't worked great for me, but have worked for some of my friends. Apply as much as you can, over and over again.

-Drink lots of water! Your body could be dehydrated.

Hope this helps. Feel better soon!

Quarter Void さんのコメント...

Thank you!
I managed to sleep allright tonight, but today it still hurts; I can't even stand up, let alone walk D8 Hopefully a friend of mine will buy aloe vera cream and give it to me, because I'm pretty much immobilized T__T